Friday, June 19, 2009

Frustrated Writer

Ya know, over the Christmas holdiays I went to a very cool party here in Atlanta where I met a very cool actor. A friend made an introduction and we chatted for a few minutes, a brief conversation that led to him agreeing to read my screenplay (he mentioned that he wanted to get into producing).

So I sent him the script and a few weeks later I actually heard from his manager. He left me a voice mail saying that they'd gotten the project and that he had a few questions...yada, yada, yada. It was a very nice message that looked like maybe things would move forwards. Anywho, I returned the call and left several messages, but I haven't heard anything further about him or his manager about the project. Whoopdido right? It's Hollywood, people make a living out of bullshitting others. But it's just that at times it's so frustrating. I'd rather have more rejection letters to add to the pile of exactly two that I've received about my script, than to hear nothing at all. Especially with all the false starts.

I'm plowing ahead still nonetheless, but if you're an artist like me who has ever dealt with the frustration of query letters (w/SASE) that still go unanswered or agents and managers who give you the run around, please give me a shout out. I KNOW I am not alone in this.

1 comments:

Yan Tan said...

hey hunn just stopping by showing your blog some love...very interesting...we love it : )


**YANTAN**


COME STOP BY SOMETIME... ;-P