Monday, October 5, 2009

Buick Lacrosse 2010

Okay people, I don't do too many PBMs (Please Believe Me), but this is one of those times that I must.  What can I say?  I absolutely LOVE THIS CAR!  I was fortunate to get the opportunity to test drive the all new 2010 Buick Lacrosse for an entire week.  And boy letmetellya, this is NOT your grandfather's Buick!!

Let me say this again for emphasis-- THIS IS NOT YOUR GRANDFATHER'S BUICK!

It is sleek and stylish both inside and out; and handles very well on the road. It is also LOADED with features.  Coming standard in the base model CX are: 

OnStar
XM Radio
Audio Premium 7-speaker system
Driver and Passenger side Air Bags
Theft-deterrent System



Some of the optional cool features on the CX and other models are sunroof, leather seats, front seats (heater/cooler), rear parking assist, rearview camera, dual-zone climate control, universal home remote, two auxillary power outlets (for cell phones and such)  plush a 120-volt power outlet.  That's right you can plug up something.  It also includes a USB port.

The optional integrated dual rear seatback DVD screens and companion wireless headphones would make for an entertaining ride indeed.  The Lacrosse is also features the keyless push button start/stop.  The remote keyless entry is "smart" enough to sense you approaching and will automatically turn on the interior lights and unlock the door.

A note about fuel efficiency.  In the interest of full disclosure I will say that I own a Nissan Sentra which gets about 29 mpg in the city with the way that I drive and is in a completely different class than the Lacrosse.  However, the difference with the 18 city mpg of the Lacrosse was barely noticeable.  I was able to get everywhere I needed to go, including my weekend activities on three-quarters of a tank for the entire week that I had the car.  Bottom line--I loved the car, Isaiah loved it and it was hard for both of us when we had to turn it back in last Friday. :-)

The MSRP ranges from $27,000 to $35,000
MPG: 18 city/26 hwy.

Pros:  Comfortable ride, style, better than expected fuel economy, optional features, spacious
Cons:  Difficult to judge distance when parking, center console can be awkward

Check out:  http://www.buick.com/

0 comments: