Wednesday, December 16, 2009

BE ABOUT IT

What happened to me? I used to really believe that I could do anything, be anything. I always had a sense of entitlement when I was a kid, heck even now. I never even considered I wouldn't get everything I wanted. Rules, convention, asking permission, waiting your turn…that stuff is for other people--not for me. But somewhere along the way, maybe after being kicked in the throat by life one too many times--I changed. I changed into one of those fearful women I used to pity. Living a life filled with doubt and second-guesses. An attitude that is almost always the result of having made lots of painful mistakes.

But at what point do you shake off the losses and setbacks and disappointments and try again? For me, I had to really take some time to figure out some things first. Namely, what was it that I truly wanted for my life and how could I get it. Getting around obstacles used to be my specialty. A skill built from a lifetime of trying to talk people into stuff. One thing is for sure, in order to achieve the things I want too in life I have to always practice these two things. Number one, I must always eliminate excuses. If there is a problem, figure out a way to solve it. Someone I need to work with me, figure out a way to convince them. Whatever the roadblock is, find a way around it and if I can't figure out the answer, ask the Spirit to guide me.

Number two, I must always be grateful. See that sense of entitlement I mentioned before has a sneaky way of turning one into an arrogant jerk. As long as I understand who I am and never let go of the fact that 'there but for the grace of God go I', everything will be fine.

There may be some people for whom success just finds them. One thing happens and then another things happens and then you meet this person or that and next thing you know, you're on the path to...whatever. But I am not one of those people. I have to kick, scratch, claw, cry, yell, and work and work and work my way to my goal. That’s just how life and I get along. Very little of what I’ve accomplished has come easy. I know that there is a purpose for that in terms of what my struggle may mean to other people. And I will wait for God to move me in the direction of that is.

For now, I know this. 2010 will mark a new era in my life. A turning point if you will. I'm a little older and a little wiser now. I am focused and I know what I want. The project that I am involved in has been a dream of mine for the last ten years. Next year, it is coming to fruition. It is a project so unique and so special that I can't talk about it just yet. Suffice it to say, in true Kisha style, it's something that has never been done before in the world of television and film. But, I will be chronicling its development here on my blog as the details unfold.

So...in the words of the late Michael Jackson—this is it!

0 comments: