Thursday, July 16, 2009

Rejecting Marriage

BFF: Why don’t you want to get married?

KACEE: I’m too old now and it doesn’t seem to be anywhere in the horizon, neither do any more kids. So I’m just saying whatever. Just living my life and keep doing me. I have a kid so it's not like I'll die alone. Problem solved.

BFF: WHATEVA! YOU ARE NOT TOO OLD so stop talking crazy! So you know when you’re like whateva is when he will show up. So good for you.

KACEE: Okay, I’m not holding my breath. And why should I get married anyway? What does that mean exactly? I’m 35 years-old I have a life and a career, I can find someone to share it with without some sort of societal validation of who I am. I’ll just be one of those women who has great love affairs. But not the cougar kind because dating someone half your age is just creepy.

BFF: You are clearly meeting the wrong men. For the last time you need to EXPAND YOUR HORIZONS (and you know what I mean, other ethnicities!). No there is nothing wrong with you and you certainly do not need to change your attitude or make yourself less attractive – please. This morning on the radio they were talking about this new book “Getting To I Do’ I think you should check it out. It talks about how to be appealing or attractive to someone looking for a wife etc. etc. It’s worth a look-see. Not that you need that but it may offer some type of perspective.

KACEE: Whatevs! You are not listening to me. I don’t want to get to I Do. It is not my main goal in life. That’s being perfectly honest. I’m not pressed at all. And since marriage for whatever reason has alluded me all these years and I’m practically middle age btw, “I say hey marriage, f*ck you.” How about that? I, AM REJECTING MARRIAGE. So there!

BFF: Not too shabby! Sounds very Bohemian/European/Cougarish/Exotic/Kim Cattrallish – I like it, I like it a lot. Very open minded, very free spirited thinking. How progressive of you.

KACEE: Progress, exactly! I'm not sitting around waiting to be 'CHOSEN'. And chosen by who, some cheating deadbeat who probably didn't deserve me in the first place? No, I'm taking charge of my love life, my sexuality. Life wants to throw me lemons, fine I'll make lemonade.

BFF: Well I will support you and whatever decision you make. :-)

KACEE: Thank You…

1 comments:

CG said...

Well...you know how I feel, right? You have the right idea! Bohemian/European/Cougarish/Exotic/Kim Cattrallish...LOVE IT! Have great love affairs for the rest of your life!